Qian Duansheng Chair Professor (Level A) of CUPL
Dean of CUPL Graduate School
Director of the CUPL Bankruptcy Law and Reorganization Research Center
1988 - 1991 Ph.D., China University of Political Science and Law
1983 - 1986 Master, China University of Political Science and Law
1979 - 1983 Bachelor, East China University of Political Science and Law
2001 - Present Graduate School & Civil, Commercial and Economic Law School, China University of Political Science and Law
2001 - 2007 Law School, Civil, Commercial and Economic Law School & China – EU School of Law, China University of Political Science and Law
Law and Economics
Corporation and Financial Law
Transitional Economics and Transitional Law
2000. 2 - 2001. 2 Visiting Scholar at Harvard University Law School
1. Member, the 7th Discipline Review Group (Science of Law) of the Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council
2. Member, Science of Law Discipline Review Group of Beijing Municipal Academic Degrees Committee
3. Vice Chairman, the Academic Degree Evaluation Committee of China University of Political Science and Law
4. Deputy Director & Secretary-General, the Senior Expert Committee of the Standing Committee of the All-China Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese
5. Vice Chairman, Beijing Returned Overseas Chinese Federation
6. Research Fellow, the Applied Law Institute of the Supreme People’s Court
7. Distinguished Research Fellow, China Society of Economic Reform (CSER)
8. Council Member, China Law Society
9. Deputy Director of the Academic Committee of the Second Council & Executive Member, Economic Law Association of China Law Society (CEL)
10. Academic Committee Member, China Reform Foundation
11. Committee Member, Beijing Arbitration Commission
12. Former Director, International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL International)
13. Co-Chairman, China Committee of INSOL International
14. Fellow (International), the 19. Class, American College of Bankruptcy (ACB)
15. Founding Member, International Insolvency Institute (III)
Honors and Awards
1. The 1st Prize of the 7th Xue Muqiao Prize for Price Research Papersin 2018.
2. The 1st Prize of the 7th Returned Overseas Chinese Contribution Award in 2018.
3. Earned the 2nd Qian Duansheng Legal Research Achievement Award nomination in 2008.
4. Supported by Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University of Ministry of Education in 2005.
5. Awarded “Outstanding Young Teacher of China University of Political Science and Law” in 2002.
6. Awarded “Beijing's Trans-Century Talents in Theory - Hundred Talents Program" in 2001.
7. The 6th “Huo Yingdong Youth Teachers Fund Award" in 1998.
Email Address: email@example.com
Graduate School, China University of Political Science and Law
No. 25 Xitucheng Road, Haidian District, Beijing
1. Economic Law (3rd edition) (Editor-in Chief), China University of Political Science and Law Press, 2018.
2. Bankruptcy Law Review (Volume 1) (Co-Editor-in-Chief), Law Press China, 2018.
3. Law Review of Corporate Reorganization & Restructuring (Volume 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) (Co-Editor-in-Chief), Law Press China.
4. The Disposal of Listed Company's Delisting Risk: Rules, Data and Cases (Volume 1) (Co-Editor-in-Chief), Law Press China, 2016.
5. Research on the Legal Protection Mechanism of State-owned Assets, Economic Science Press, 2015.
6. The Transition of Bankruptcy Law in China, Law Press China, 2013.
7. Thoughts on Law, China University of Political Science and Law Press, 2007.
8. Transitional Law – the Legal Interpretation of Market Economy, China University of Political Science and Law Press, 2004.
9. Research on the Laws for Officialsin the Late Qing Dynasty, China University of Political Science and Law Press, 2000; Law Press China, 2017.
1. Promote the Revising of the Enterprise Bankruptcy Law and Improve the Bankruptcy System of Financial Institutions, Tsinghua Financial Review, No. 2, 2020.
2. Legal Significance of the Two “Separation of Three Rights” Relating to Agricultural Land, China Law Review, No. 5, 2019.
3. The Constitutional Value and the Market-based Economic Value of the Bankruptcy Law, Journal of Peking University (Philosophy and Social Sciences), No. 1, 2019.
4. Realize the Bankruptcy and Liquidation of "Zombie Enterprises" through the Bankruptcy System, People's Tribune, No. 23, 2018.
5. On the Market-Oriented Reform of the Legal System for Market Withdrawal in China: On the Occasion of the 10th Anniversary of the Implementation of Enterprise Bankruptcy Law, Journal of CUPL, No. 3, 2017.
6. Legal Issues of Internet Finance, Law Science Magazine, No. 2, 2016.
7. Legal Thoughts on Stock Market “Crash” and "Bailout", China Law Review, No. 3, 2015.
8. Discussion on Several Major Issues in the Reform of IPO Registration System, Tribune of Political Science and Law, No. 3, 2015.
9. The Rule of Law Should be the Balancer Between the Government and the Market, People’s Daily, Oct. 15, 2014.
10. Direction for the Amendment to Securities Law, China Finance, No. 12, 2014.
11. The Gap Between Legislative Expectations and Judicial Practice and the Solutions: An Empirical Analysis of the First Three Years of Implementation of Enterprise Bankruptcy Law in China, Journal of CUPL, No. 2, 2011.
1. The Drafting of Hainan Free Trade Port Bankruptcy Regulations (Draft), entrusted by the Legislative Affairs Commissionof the Standing Committee of the People's Congress of Hainan Province, 2020.
2. Assessment on the Revision of the Regulations on Cancellation of Registration of Business Entities of Hainan Free Trade Port, entrusted by Hainan Provincial Administration for Market Regulation, 2020.
3. Evaluation of the Implementation of Enterprise Bankruptcy Law, entrusted by the Supreme People’s Court, 2019.
4. Research on the Legal Practice of Asset Securitization and the Bankruptcy Remote Structures in Corporate Asset Securitization in Foreign Countries, entrusted by Shanghai Stock Exchange, 2019.
5. Improving the Exit Mechanism for Market Entities, entrusted by the Registration Bureau of the State Administration for Market Regulation, 2018.
6. An Analysis Framework for the Effects of Exclusive Agreements on the Internet Platforms to Exclude or Restrict Competition, entrusted by the Pricing Certification Center of the National Development and Reform Commission, 2018.
7. Research on Bankruptcy Administration System, entrusted by the Department of Fiscal and Financial Affairs of the National Development and Reform Commission, 2018.
8. Research and Policy Recommendations on the Transaction and Disposition Mechanism of Default Bonds in China's Bond Market, entrusted by Shenzhen Qianhai Financial Assets Exchange, 2018.
9. The Evaluation of the Market Access Negative List, entrusted by the System Reform Department of the National Development and Reform Commission, 2017.
10. Research on the Relationship Between Evidence Rules and Price Determination, entrusted by the Pricing Certification Center of the National Development and Reform Commission, 2017.
11. Research on the Withdrawal Mechanism for Market Entities, entrusted by China Society of Market Supervision (CSMS), 2016.
12. Research on Legislation for Asset Valuation, legal research project of China Law Society (ministerial level key project), 2012.
13. Research on the Legal Regulation of Bankruptcy Fraud, Beijing Philosophy and Social Sciences "Eleventh Five-Year Plan" Project, 2007.
14. Research on the Bankruptcy Legal System, supported by the National Social Science Fund of China, 2004.